Friday, October 17, 2008

2nd post

This week was crazy at work. I posted in my 1st blog that my van had to go to the shop on monday. So that meant that I couldn't work since I was suppose to be driving back and forth from Wichita Falls. I was only able to clock 2 hours of work on Monday, so I had 43 more hours to work in four days. Not an impossible thing to do in most cases, but most cases don't have the after work schedule that I do. =) A little side note...Wichita Falls is 130 miles from my house. So Tuesday it was off to Wichita Falls, a two hour drive. Because the route that I am running has not been managed well since at least July it is in bad shape. So I spent 6 hours in one Walmart. This one is the biggest on the route. It should normally take me 3 hours at the very most. With this and drive time I got 10 more hours. Wednesday I drove back to Wichita Falls since I still have two more Walmarts with game rooms to service, not to mention 8 other locations in Wichita Falls. But again this route is in bad shape, so I was only able to spend 7 hours on the two Walmarts...then the drive home. This gave me 11 more hours. If you get your calculators out this would be 23 hours now. I'm still 4 hours behind, but don't worry I catch up. Thursday I drove back to Wichita Falls Texas. I hit 7 of the 8 independent locations (we refer to locations as independents when they are not a Walmart). The 8th location was left off the route schedule that I was given...oh darn. With these locations I now have 6 hours for the day, but its not over yet. I now have to go to Vernon Texas which is 50 miles north of Wichita Falls. Then its off to Quanna Texas which is 30 Miles north of Vernon. Then its off to Childress which is 30 Miles north of Quanna, and 250 Miles North of my house. I left Childress at 3 in the afternoon, and got back to Wichita Falls at about 5. I was needing to clean out the storage facility before I left because I knew I would not be back this week. So add another hour. Then the two hour trip back home. With my half an hour lunch that I'm required to log, but never take, Thursday adds 13.75 hours of much fun. This includes 8 hours driving and 6 hours working my butt off. (Quite literally, I lost almost 10lbs this week). So now if you get your calculator back out, I now only have 8.25 hours available to travel another 250 miles going to Breckenridge, Graham, Decatur and back to our office in Grand Prarie. Luckily I'm the best at what I do and I do it with ease...and a lot of coffee. So I'm really glad I'm done with this route for now. Next week i will be running a local route. The furthest location is about 100 miles from here, and if you've ever been out here you know thats practically down the street. Plus I think Jana is going to have a little bundle of joy soon, so that will give me a transition from not getting much sleep to not getting any sleep at all. But at least it will be worth it. Till next time...

2 comments:

SLC said...

Haha, too funny about 100 miles being right down the street. That sounds like a crazy schedule. I am glad you are the best at what you do, and I am glad you are thinking of ways to continue to improve your life - health, education, no more myspace lol. I miss you and can't wait to see you and the girls!
Love,
Sara

Liss said...

hey nothin to do with the blog but I have no clue how to add friends on here lol! try asking Jenn lol